View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #24
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
yes iam doing the body work and painting the kit, i just started with the easier of the kit which was the front bumper, the kit is not thin at all you can see through it due to the gell coat has been sanded off

on all aftermarket kits the gel coat should be sanded down and the kit shaped and any imperfection fixed, pinholes, waves, what have you, primed, sanded and then 1 final coat of primer

its a fiberglass kit, if you ever got into an accident it will crack upon impact, its what is beneath the bumper that protects you, like i said the quality surpass the aed and aas kit, this kit does not have the HUMP by the headlights, which i was amazed at that,

the rocker moldings will have to be cut reshaped re glassed the whole shabang, the rear bumper well it is going to take allot of work to get it to fit and look right

i will be using PPG dbc system, it will be ppg from start to finish
either me of scot will post updated pics as we go along
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote