View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #20
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueolds01 View Post
the most taking the subs out would do is drop it something like .075...
the car shifts at about 5600 rpm, an auto, v6's never came in a 5 speed.
ran in 3rd
the car red lines at 6...isnt it kinda unsafe to manually shift it, i heard that doesnt help at all.
letting it cool longer im sure would help, i didnt let it cool long, i was kinda short on time.

It's only unsafe to manually shift it if you overrev the engine or you accidentally shift too hard and it goes into Neutral or Reverse at WOT. It does help a little to manually shift depending on the set-up. That's why I recommended small increments above WOT shift points.

The sensors in the trans are a bit tricky for our cars. In heavier rush hour stop-and-speed-up-and-stop-again traffic I noticed the car becoming more and more sluggish with the throttle response. The trans heats up and it slows the car down.

The engine might have been too hot as well from the sound of things. I always try to leave enough time between when I get to the track and when I have to make my first time shot. At least 30-45 minutes for my cars. Then once everything's cooled down and I pull into the lanes I begin to warm the engine back up with the car in park. My temp gauge in the Daytona is separated into 3 sections with a bottom line, top line, and 2 middle lines. The 2nd highest line is normal 195-degrees (I think). I always try to run it with the temp needle at the 2nd lowest ("1st middle") line. It'll be warm enough to run consistently but not too warm where it'll slow down.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote