View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
True. He may have typo'd the year though. Keep in mind that the 3100 and 3400 are virtually the same thing with many of the same issues and lots of common parts. Just check the coolant for oil. Be sure that it's green. Ask if the owner knows if the Lower Intake Manifold Gaskets have been replaced and if so, when and does he have documentation. Check the brakes and have the wheel hubs inspected. Otherwise you should be good. I will warn you that IF it is indeed a 97 Cutlass, I would think twice before purchasing the car. Parts are tough to find for the body and interior and the finish is kind of cheap. So long as it appears to be well maintained though you should be looking at a solid daily driver.

That is valid. I just wanted to take out the possibility of that since some people mistakenly call one car another... same way many people have called the Sunfire a Sunbird or mix up their model names. It happens lol

I thought GM started using Dexcool in 1996 though? If so, shouldn't the coolant be red?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote