View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
AleroBloke

Store/Site purchased: Mr. Naich

Cost/Shipping:Total cost for me was cheaper than advertized since I got the first 3Incher. I think Naich is selling them starting at 105-150 bucks or so. Shipping was included in the price. Shipping was fast. It took awhile for him to order the parts, just because he was just starting off a new vendor I think. But when he said he was gonna send them, they came. and it only took a day. from NJ to here in SLC so it was really super fast.

Initial product impressions, quality: It all came neatly bubble wrapped and all the parts came as he said. You choose the couplings (i chose blue) and they were all there. The cai was neat and shiney, no scratches, just a few burr's on the end of the pipes, but that can be fixed with a file. Very neat, looked very professional.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: It didn't come with instructions,

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Medium: Installation took me about 3 hours. I just am not familar with the cai, I had to take off the old air box and that thing is huuuuuuge! i can tell why its so restrictive! and pull off the fender, jack up my car and take off the tire. After that, I still had some trouble setting up the cai and getting the pipes in the correct order, I guess this is where the instructions would have come in handy, but to all of you that are familiar with this (most of you) then it would be easy.

Performance, appearance opinions:I have yet to take a long drive with my cai on, but I am excited for this weeken i get to really test it. The sound of my car changed to a deeper growl when I punch it, it also has a sucking noise at around 2500 - 3000 rpm which is pretty neat, since i can tell that it is working, but all in all It is a good prodouct. I got the blue couplings so that when I do my wires in blue and eveyrthing else would match, it makes my engine look very neat and clean, especially made so much room, after taking hte old air box out.

I was very impressed with this product both performance and sound and looks. The cost is a great deal lower than any other company out there. And you know it is quality and test fit to our aleros. Nick will take car of you. I give this product and A+.

As for pictures, my car went into the shop the same day after i got my cai, I guess my wheelbearing are bad, but i'm gonna head over the the shop tonight and snap some pictures and show you the cai. I looks sweet, thanks a bunch