Thread: Losing coolant
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #16
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Thats the side of it.

The flat parts in the valley get just silicone.

Use the good gasket set to.

I was showing the side of it because that's where I can see it leaking from. It's probably leaking from other places too.

In so far as the gasket set, I got the FelPro set along with the bolts. I suspect that I still need the EGR gasket though.

More questions:
Do I need to drain the oil to complete this job? I am not necessarily convinced that my oil has been compromised yet, and I really just want to get the car running first, then change the oil. Is this OK, or will oil spill all over the place if I don't drain it first?

Is this something I can do a little at a time every day after work, of should I try to do it all over a weekend? Or does that even matter? Seems to me that a nice after work type of thing for day 1 might consist of only draining the coolant and removing the splash shield. The Alero isn't my only car so I can use my daily driver car to get to work, etc.

Yeah, I'm finally getting around to doing this, I just put the car into a garage on Sunday afternoon.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote