Thread: Idle Problem
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
jordan
GX Member

jordan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

ok heres the updated story... I got the computer and IAC valve replaced and the car still idles erratic and it'll be erraticly high wanting to go go go so to speak. when in drive it'll idle at about 1000 RPM and waver up and down when holding the break in in drive, and then i'll put it into park and it will idle even higher and waver at higher RPMS! one morning i started the car and it went up to 2250 RPMs before coming back down to 1100 to idle at in park mode. Weird i think. Damn car is annoying already. At the odd time it will idle normal. checked for vacuum leaks at the shop twice and nothing noted. no vacuum leaks either because the car idles normal still sometimes at about 2% of the time when stopped in drive.

Any educated guesses. A senor like MAP or Throttle Position Sensor or what else could it be?

PS: mechanically the car is great and driving on the hwy is fine with this problem. its just the idle problem

Last edited by jordan : 08-31-2008 at 11:45 AM.