View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bleeding Coolant

We don't have a bleeder screw, so what's the best method to bleed the coolant? I have a crapload of air in the lines from an o-ring leak that I fixed yesterday. Temps still like to stick around the 203-210 range (with heater/fans on max)instead of the normal operating temp of 194-196 with heater/fans on 2nd setting.

I've run the car with the coolant cap off idling, raising RPMs a bit, etc. Seems when I go wide open while driving it helps to push the air out of the system, my temps go down to the normal desired temperatures but then go back up. Do I just need to keep driving hard until the temps stay where they should be?

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote