View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 11:30 AM   #7
3400SFI

Roller rockers are really only worth it if you are increasing the lift. I put a set of 1.6 rockers on my 2.8 V6 in my Fiero that had stock 1.52 rockers. It made a pretty nice difference. Especially if you have done any other mods like a cold air intake, larger bore throtle body, or ported intake manifold. With higher lift you can cram more air and fuel into the combustion chamber and create more power. Depending on what modifications you have done to your engine already you can expect anywhere from 5-15 ponies. I was lucky enough to take full advantage of my rockers on my 2.8, only because I completely worked over the TB, intake manifold, and ex manifolds. Now this is also where a good chip comes into effect. Now that I have changed my fuel curves and valve lift my stock chip should be able to keep up with the changes, but by adding a custom chip I can extract every last pony there is to be had without turboing etc... IMO rockers are worth it, just as much as a cam is because they both help in the same way.