View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
jiffy

eag - Thanks for those pics, they will definitely come in handy

bigd - good call on putting the LOC on the rear speakers, I originally thought it had to go in behind the radio. That seems like a much easier location to work with.

mike - the 12v ignition is something I will look into, what about using the factory radio power wire (I think I read an old post where someone said it was blue/white) Crutchfield does not have a deal on the infinity perfects, but I'm getting the reference for 62 shipped from cardomain. I looked at other subs in a very close price range and nothing compared. I'd like to save whatever money I can (I got some other things I want to buy) so I figure I will try amping the 4x6 with LOW gain and see how I like it. If I think its still really lacking, I'm gonna go ahead and get some components. If I'm OK with it, I saved myself $125.

I had read somewhere that a LOC would allow me to fade the amp, independant from the front speakers. The amp I'm buying has speaker level inputs, so couldn't I splice into the factory rear speaker wire (in the trunk) and then run the amp from there? Also, I just did some more reading and isn't a LOC actually so that you can turn high level inputs into low level inputs? Meaning, if my amp has speaker level inputs I will not need a LOC?

Or would I want to run 2 speaker wires out of the HU, rear speaker outputs (the original rear speaker wires and the new amp speaker wire)?

I might actually remove the rear speakers, 1. to move some pressure from the trunk into the cabin and 2. because I have read that only using your front speakers and a sub will give really good sound imaging.

While I don't doubt #2 is true, I don't know if I will actually like the sound of it, but regardless, having my amp set with or to the rear speakers, I could fade it from the stock HU.

Lastly (for now ) I heard your power wire and your RCA cables from the HU should be run down seperate sides of the car, does this apply to speaker wire?