View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 09:57 PM   #18
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
It all depends on the size of your amp and how hard it will be working. None of my amps will fit under the seats or behind the side carpet. Originaly I only had one amp so I had it installed in the rear window between the 6x9's. It gave me free space in the trunk and my windows are tinted so it was very hard to see outside. With the adition of my second amp I went with the back seats. They just barely fit and allow me to still lower the seat. If you do go with the back seat just be certain to make the amps vertical. The seat is at a backward slope and will place the amps leaning. This is very bad concidering that the top is your heatsink and can't dissipate properly from this angle. I cut out a board the size of my amps attached a angled piece on the side of it with a hinge. The main board is attached to the seat with another hinge. As I lower the seat I can fold in the angled piece to allow the board to lay flat. I used a sliding bolt (behind the board) to lock the angled piece in place.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote