View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #46
keepitsimple

wow this is an old post, but i also agree fans slow u down, i have a toggle switch for my fans, made them from a broken aftermarket fog kit, the switch switches my fans on instead of the fogs, i can explain if any one needs it, my fans just stopped working so i had to, anyway, i do notice a difference in my cars power when the fans are on or off, especially when im on the highway, but i agree to that, and think its the fact that the electricity that is supplied to the spark plugs and computer and all that good stuff is being drawn to power my fans or my system, and because the size of the alternator wheel stayes the same your generating power at a constant, thats why when u change that wheel to a different size its either better or worse for your system, it either speeds up the generator allowing more rotaions, making more power or slows it down making less rotations, making less power, but if u turn on all the power in your car the generator make a set amount that has to get distributed to everything it will put drag and strain on your electrical system, taking power that can be used for spark and sending it to ur fans or system. making your electrical system not as efficient as possible.

im not sure if ur alternator send power to ur systems, or the battery, either way the same effect, the alternator has to recharge the battery to power the items, or your altornator has to work equally hard to power your other crap