View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 08:34 PM   #37
3.4Alero

Well, here's an update. I called the 442-OLDS number and talked to the first representative I could. Told him everything that has happened, and that I was pretty pissed at the service I've gotten. He was cool, and said he would call the dealership right now to get it resolved. At this point I got a little leary.

Before he called the dealership, he asked me a few questions: 1) do you get your regular maintenance done there? (No) 2) Have you had any large out-of-pocket expenses on the car? (sort of... brakes, which they screwed up anyway.... and they wonder why I don't get my regular service done there!!) 3) Is this your first GM? (No my third, and the last two were bought new, from the same dealership)

So I was then on hold for about ten minutes while he called the service manager at my dealership. He came back on and said that Mark (the service manager) wants to "review your history" before he makes the decision whether or not to give assistance, and he would know tomorrow (which is today).

I then told him that I was under the impression that GM made that decision, not the dealership. He said that it is really up to the dealer, then customer service must back the dealer. At this point I knew what was going to happen.

So just as I was walking out of work today, my phone rings in my office. I saw the 866 number on my caller ID and knew who it was. So Matt from GM customer service says he has some bad news. The service manager will not recommend assistance, and GM has to go with what the dealership recommends. I told him it was bullpoop. He said he could offer me a customer loyalty coupon for my next GM vehicle purchase equal to the amount I pay for the repair. I told him that if they didn't give me any support here, that I would NEVER buy a GM product again, so the coupon would do no good. He said OK and told me he was closing the file as "dissatisfied." What a rooster.

Sooooo.... As I was driving out of the parking lot, my car just mysteriously turned toward the dealership. I went there and stood at the service counter until the manager came out, and in front of a bunch of customers, said very loudly, "I just wanted to thank you for your support of a loyal customer, you screwed me." He asked what I was talking about and I told him I had just talked to Matt at GM, who said that you had denied my claim. He told me that he has no power to do that, and that Matt had only called him to get the service history of the car!! He then basically said all of the customer service people are roosterheads, and asked for Matt's phone number and extension. He left a message for Matt to call him ASAP, and told me he will call me as soon as he talks to him.

Mark asked me what I wanted out of it in the first place, and I told him, "well, originally I was looking for 50/50, but with all of the trouble I've been through, tell him you want the whole thing covered." He said he would give it a try. So, now I'm waiting again. Hopefully I'll hear back from him tomorrow. Oh, yea, he also kind of reamed me out for my little outburst in front of his other customers, and I apologized. He said he understood.