View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
zman246
GX Member

zman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
Was this a Maaco paint job? Not implying anything about quality... I actually think it looks good, but if so I was curious which level paint you chose.

Not Maaco, I work at a body shop so I did the bodywork and sprayed the paint myself. Since this is just my cheap daily driver I painted it with an economy paint called Shop Line, which is made by PPG. The price was very low and not surprisingly so was the quality. The finished product looks very nice but the base coat was as thin as water and it took 4 coats for it to cover. The clear coat was ok but scratches easily. I wouldn't recommend it. I normally spray Dupont which is a lot higher quality. If you can afford it then use that. I don't know what Maaco sprays but I know its very cheap. They are also known for barely prepping cars at all which causes the paint to come off eventually. I don't recommend Maaco at all.
zman246 is offline   Reply With Quote