Thread: Chevy Alero
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 09:51 AM   #28
RoninKouga

hi there, sorry for letting you wait.

as you canread in the manual i translated to english, this buttons are for re-aiming the headlights for towing and different loading situations. it sounds like there is a little electric motor attached to the headlights - i can find out more if you want. it can change the angle from sharpest to lowest in ~1sec.

yes mave ure absolutely right - it is a marketing strategy to call her chevrolet since oldsmobile is nearly unknown here and chevrolet has been a " WEEEE! " - reaction-brand here. (until they started naming korean cars chev as well)

for the real foglights: its the left swich beneath the angle jog dial. there are some kinda super bright bulbs in the inner rear light cases on the trunk.

ah the license plate holder....
european standard plates do not fit into the holder of the alero very well, so they decided to attach a black adapter mount which places the plate a little bit deeper. as crolero said, its really ugly, so i decided to apply for a special license plate which is 2cm smaller so it fits now w/o the adapter mount.

i hope i got all now