Thread: Ugh
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
jiffy

I do have the adapters for the speakers, I got a set off ebay which are made for 99 (i think) and up grand ams aleros and cavs.

One problem has sort of been resolved. I found out the major interference is infact comming from the LOCs because I unhooked the sub LOC and 90% of the noise stopped. I thought it was partly because I crossed a wire with a power wire, but I fixed that and I still get the sound.

I bought a aftermarket LOC, one that I believe uses a ground wire, but I havent opend it yet. I'm not really sure what approach to take to solve the interference from the LOCs.

I also think that the cause of the speakers cutting out was just a bad connection at the speaker with the speaker wire.

jamcllw - when you installed these speakers, how did u keep trying new locations for the speakers? Did you drill tons of holes? Also, was the final location just the speaker adapter on the door, as in no angling using some sort of shim or anything?

I've got 2 pics here, of stuff I was thinking about cutting off to make room for the speaker. I think the door panel pic is the best idea because I don't think it would affect anything.