View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #40
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally Posted by racin4JC View Post
I have been driving it all winter. It has been working fine even when we had that -20F couple weeks. The only thing that I have noticed (besides the fact it settles when it is really cold, obviously) is that when it is anything below 10F the two rear dump valves are a little sticky when/if I dump the air. I try not to when it is that cold, but sometimes it is hard to resist when one is stopped at a light and there is a car full of good lookin ladies right next to you!

Cold weather its good just leave the car aired up. Incase for that fact of the valves freezing shut due to moisture. I don't even lay mine out no more in my own driveway. It saves my air which equals to compressors don't need to run to air the tank which will extend the life of the compressors. Compressors will/do burn out the piston seal rings eventually. When that happens it will not make any air. (this is good for other people who don't already know or have knowledge of air ride and the maintance). Water traps (for those who has them) should be emptied daily in below freezing temperatures. Or else they will explode. When that happens you lose all air in the tank which the car will fall down due to no backpressure to keep the valves shut to hold air.

racing4jc this is not directed towards you.. just making sure other owners of air ride knows these info to eliminate problems.

Last edited by AftermathAlero : 02-09-2008 at 10:54 AM.
AftermathAlero is offline   Reply With Quote