Thread: Color Change
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Color Change

I finally finished filling the factory spoiler holes and changing the spoiler from black to red. All in all, I'm happy with it. For two weekends of work, under $100 spent, it's nice as long as you dont look to close.
Yes, its wavy where I didn't sand very well and never used finishing putty and only the filler. No the coat is not even. No, I did not fade it onto adjacent panels for a better match. I used cheap stuff, I didn't do it 'right' by any means. I did it myself and it looks nice enough for my purposes. I know there a lot of mixed opinions about this, and I've considered not posting this several times. It's my car, and I don't think its even close to worth getting it done right. I enjoyed doing it myself (on a budget) despite the FAR from great results, its a lot better than a typical rattle can job.
So here it is, would be nice if we could keep this thread from going to crap like a lot of recent body work posts. I gave it a quick wash n wax, and got it a bit shiny again. Still no exhaust tip, and bunch a of recent rust of rock chips, but darn it doesn't look half bad in pictures. Enjoy!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote