View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Rims-an info thread

So I was searching for information on rims and what would be good to know when buying a set on the site, but I was not able to come across anything. I do know that our vehicles are designed for a certain size and when you go outside of this range "spacers" (I think they're called that) are needed to keep from confusing the car's speedometer, computer, etc.

So I was wondering, for example: I buy a new set of 18" rims for my 2004. What do I need to know? What are the best tires to put on? Can a goodyear put them in or would a customs shop need to do it? Essentially, what are the steps required in the acquisition of rims so they work properly on the vehicle?

I post to tap your guys' knowledge not only for myself, but also so the next noob that comes along can easily pick out the thread with proper info and subject line.