View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
That sensor can go bad even if it "looks good" and is not throwing a code. The first indicator that it is on its way out is a MAF code! Yea, a MAF code...
They are plastic and are trapped in a lot of heat. The casing will develop hairline cracks that you litterly need to inspect under a microscope to see them. But when it happens, those cracks open up when heated and skews the readings from them causing stalling and studdering when coming to a stop, and hard hot starts. We should all make this little 30 dollar sensor part of our tune ups... trust me, I had a problematic one that had me running in circles for 2 years until we figured it out!