View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #62
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
they will work, yes. but i would get aftermarket struts. the stock struts wont take kindly to lowering springs.

also you will need spring isolators for front and rear. if you dont it will be metal on metal and you will hear it clunk around. me, i just bought front isolators (it was around 70$ for the front set) then for the rear i just put duct tape (black) around the first coil of the spring on the bottom so it wasnt metal on metal. i read on a few forums that people do it as a cheaper way. and its completely safe and cheaper then spending another say 50$ on the rear. the top of the spring i didnt worry about because the top mount is rubber.

does that make sense?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote