View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #35
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
your oil change light isn't timed or set by the miles theres a sensor after the oil filter that pick up the viscosity and the pressure after the filter .. all the oil change light is telling you is to change your filter for the most part.. go with a fram. when i first got my car (85495m on it july of 04) i got 96000 on it and i didn't know when the last oil change was before that. now i've only changed the oil 2 times but with the way i drive that came to be about every 4 months but the mileage wasn't even the first time was about october the second was may..

it just depends on your driving habits. also try using lucas oil treatment it helps some but then its different for each car and your driving habits.

spark plugs wise the plat. ones they put int the cars at the line are good for 100,000+ miles you should need to worry about those but yeah cleaning them every 25k would be good for you to do.. but all you really need to get is some complete fuel cleaner additive that should keep it running close to its best..

on the black oil you might want to get that checked something is not right because every time i did an oil change my oil was still "clear" for the most part but i guess that would be on the filter too... i had a leak there at my filter for a while i didnt know but the shop i go to gave me a new cap and that fixed the leak