Thread: advise please
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #31
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
So what your telling me is all the time you take to tune your car on the computer is a waste of time cause its not as good of a tune than a dyno tune?
I assume by you saying "tune your car on the computer" you mean me adjusting values while doing street tuning. That's right; you need a dyno to efficiently tune and maximize power gains safely. What I've done over the years is just guess and check work. I can get the fueling adjusted to where I think it should be, but as for spark advance, it's just a guess. It's not optimized whatsoever. Need to be able to see the dyno graph to monitor how the changes are affecting the torque curve.

What you did was get a mail-order tune. One that was made for another car and then used on yours. There are differences between cars, especially with different mods. Whatever fueling adjustments or spark adjustments made for the other vehicle may not be right where the perfect spot is for your car. Sure it may be closer, but it's still going to be off. Regardless, it's going to be a very mild tune due to that fact.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote