Thread: advise please
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #32
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I assume by you saying "tune your car on the computer" you mean me adjusting values while doing street tuning. That's right; you need a dyno to efficiently tune and maximize power gains safely.

What you did was get a mail-order tune. One that was made for another car and then used on yours. There are differences between cars, especially with different mods. Whatever fueling adjustments or spark adjustments made for the other vehicle may not be right where the perfect spot is for your car. Sure it may be closer, but it's still going to be off. Tuning a vehicle is more than just copying some numbers and hoping for the best.

You assumed correctly....so when you gonna take your car to the dyno? Never heard you mention one before and your all about getting your car to run perfect....so take it to a dyno since you cant tune it 100%

Also, i'm pretty suuuuure Mike has done a few 3400's with an intake, headers and exhaust before....not that many mods and he quite a few cars with 3400's in them at the shop when i went. My car runs a hell of a lot better than before so i can't complain....better fuel mileage than before too. Soooo i think he did a pretty good job. I'm not taking my car to the strip all the time so i could give a damn about PRECISE tuning You think he just swapped numbers over from a different engine?