Thread: Twincharging...
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
The first thing you have to know is that YOU WILL be out of budget. No matter what you calculate, theres always something you wont think of.

Start Gathering your parts early, if you have some room.

The supercharge Alone cost me around 2300 installed with everything paid and I installed it myself. Count another 2500 (realistic price) for your turbo set-up and you are already at almost 5000 bucks. Now count the manual tranny, clutch, cables and pedal, center console and EVERY things you need for the swap. My guess is that would cost around 1000 if you do the work yourself. That makes 6000. Low mileage bottom end, forged pistons, crank, stronger valves and spring, + all the extra you'll need for the engine alone. Maybe your water pump is going bad and you'll notice there or maybe its your oil pump. You never know. I would think you are already near the 8000$ and I didnt even count the exhaust set up.

That is being realistic for prices, I'm sure someone will come and say that, counting all the parts, he can get lower than that. Of course! But you always have to put some extra per part. It would probly be over 8000 if something goes wrong. Lets say you bent the fuel rail, or you short your pcm while tuning or "put anything that comes to your mind here".

With all the parts involved, theres a lot of issues that could happen.

Best advice would be to take your time.

Other than that, I would love to see that kind of project seeing the light
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 08-01-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote