Thread: Ported Trunk
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #70
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
so this is what you are doing......

you are taking a ported box and putting it in the trunk with ports thru the rear deck (not connected)......

so you are using the trunk as a ported chamber around a ported chamber.....

its a band pass box with two ported chambers, one chamber (the trunk) being way to big for one ans not even close to being any type of sealed so the sound is just bouncing all over the freakin place.

the only way it will work RIGHT is if you build a 4th order bandpass box (like I did) a sealed chamber with a ported chamber (mine fires thru the rear seat) my box is sealed off from the trunk and sealed to the wall behind the seat, the seat is sealed to the wall so the air/bass has no were to go but in the car passenger area

here is my box (no top or back on it in the pic )

where the port come thru the seat (arm rest folded down) NOTE: I have an impala not an alero

back of seat (folded down)

looking at trunk opening ( hole in middle is the box port )

so moral of the story dont go cutting holes in your car, it wont help unless you do it right..... I think I posted enuff pics to prove that I have some kinda clue what I am doing....... or at least I have done the research on it

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 08-18-2009 at 09:51 PM.
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote