Thread: hydrolock?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #60
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
not true.. i've slapped a puddle of water id say about 2 inches deep, mabey 5 foot by 2 foot in size.. doin around 30 mph- my intake sucked it up and the car stalled in the middle of the road.. that filter -does not- have to be submerged for it to suck up water and kill the engine

I said to hydrolock. You must've gotten something wet in there so it didn't fire or a sensor didn't work right and shut down. Water isn't compressible. If you suck up enough water so that the air can't be compressed much or there is no air in the cylinder at all, it will hydrolock; the piston can't compress the water so that force exerts back on the hardware and there goes your pistons/rods/stuff.

I've driven through the most unbelievable amount of rainfall and puddles and have never had an issue.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote