View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
settite
GX Member

settite is on a distinguished road
Recent Repairs/Upgrades

So recently it seems everything on my car has wanted to break but at least they were all pretty easy fixes except for one of them. My air box/resonator broke and I replaced it with a chromeintakes intake. The lower support on my radiator broke and I ended up making a new one out of aircraft aluminum which shouldn't even think about breaking now. All the plastic parts and supports really annoy me... And my fuel pump died so I had to end up replacing it and got a decent bosch pump off of ebay. Below are the pics of the support and the intake!

Edit: Note - I did have to modify the intake I got some to fit properly... I replaced the 45 degree pipe with 90 degree attached to the air filter. The bracket had to be bent and moved to another hose clamp to fit and I had to bore out the mass air sensor gasket a little bit so that the one on the Alero would fit and it was still a tough fit.

As for the radiator support it took a bit of work to drill out the old screws that the old support used so I could bolt the one I fabricated in. Also, I wanted the flex in it to give it some positive suspension and a little more shock absorption compared to the plastic one.

Last edited by settite : 07-16-2012 at 05:34 PM.
settite is offline   Reply With Quote