View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Could be a lot of things..... but if it's the fuel pump, you would have to monitor fuel pressure on the road driving to catch it in the act.

A bad TPS can cause a failure mode that has some of the symptoms you describe. That would probably set a code in the computer (PCM).

I'm trying to remember if a bad transmission solenoid could cause the symptoms. If the car runs fine till it warms up, and seems to "reset" for a short time if you hit the brakes, then possibly.

Scanning the car when it acts up is essential at this point. Could be a bad sensor, connector plug for a sensor, etc. I think a clogged CAT converter could cause it, but I've never had that problem with mine, so I don't know the symptoms that well...