Thread: Heating Core!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #22
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Yes! Smelling coolant inside th car is often the result from an engine coolant leak odor coming in from the HVAC syste, Switch to recycling interior air and you should notice that you don't get the coolant smell when that happens. That's the easiest way to rule out a heater core. That and it seems perty rare on these cars.

Were you inspecting for leaks with the engine running and warmed up? It's much easier to find them when the system is under pressure.

Isn't that what you have kids for?
My wife would kill me....lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
my arm has a large burn patch from when i had to wrap it up on the side of the road
Hoping to avoid that at all cost...now is it easier to get to it from the bottom of the car, and I'm wondering how much coolant will come out?