View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
Way to skirt the law ... Not goin to get any support from me. You deserve every ticket you are going to get.

This is my car...Why should I have to listen or obey what someone tells me to do on my car that I bought. I should have the right to do whatever I want to my car. No questions asked. Sorry but it's stupid that another person like you or me should be able to hand out a ticket to a kid for window tint. Why are they not catching real criminals?? Cops think they are above the law...They are a bunch of jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
whats the leagle limit for tint in your area blue?

This is a copy/paste from the Michigan traffic laws.

Question: Can I have tinted windows on my vehicle?

Answer: The law that covers window applications is MCL 257.709 . The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows. There is a limited exception for medical necessity with a doctor's prescription, which allows for tinting to be applied to the front side windows as well. Michigan does not have a specification for the darkness of the window application, but does prohibit applications with a solar reflectivity greater than 35%.

Question: If I have a signed letter by my doctor indicating a medical necessity for tinted windows can another person drive my vehicle if the windows are tinted?

Answer: MCL 257.709(3)(e) allows for front side window tinting with "...a letter signed by a physician or optometrist, indicating that the special window treatment or application is a medical necessity. However, the special window treatment or application shall not interfere with or obstruct the driver's clear vision of the highway or an intersecting highway." A vehicle equipped with such tinting could not legally be driven by a person other than the person to whom the letter was given.
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.