View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
why OEMs with your autocross fetish i would think aftermarket rims would be a much better choice....

Why? I don't really see the advantage of aftermarket in autocross. Lighter rims do increase acceleration but have hardly anything to do with handling. Shorter tire/wider rim however has positive effect by giving you a stiffer side wall. Other than the looks, I can get a set of used OEM rims for $200 with the money I'm saving, I could have a set of wet tires too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Why not 16"?

Either way, this style would look good with a set of olds center caps (or blank ones)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5274-...ht_10349wt_858

Again the shorter the side wall the stiffer the tire and also my choice for 16 inch and dunlop z1 would be 225-50-16 vs. 225-45-17 which seems to be a closer fit.

BTW just finished my first auto-x after the mods (shocks, springs, and front swaybar) I'll report my findings once the results are up.
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote