Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #81
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
ok... for testing the relay... i have 85,86,87,30 for contacts.

85/86 appear to be the power and grounds and 30/87 are the switch... so what number do i replace with what you posted??
So T8 and V9 would be equivalent(sp?) to 85 and 86 which are the coil
and V8 is the same as 30
and T9 is the same as 87

also when testing this it doesn't matter if 85 is hot or ground and the same for 86, because these are the coil. just test acroos 87 and 30 to see if it is closing, when voltage is applied to the coil and closing when voltage is taken off.

Oh yeah make sure there isn't a diode across the coils or you will have to go with the right polarity Cherry!

If there is a diode shown put the positive side on the cathode side (side with the stripe) of the coil and the negative on the anode side ( side without the stripe)

Last edited by lonnie : 06-30-2008 at 11:29 AM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote