Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #86
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
ok... so... i dunno.

i didn't do anything.... so i won't ever say i fixed it.

but i tightened down the fuse boxes, rechecked all my fuses, put the door switches back on... and everything works... i'm confused. SVS light is gone too.

except... an odd thing going on with my driver's side switches. I put red lights under them.. and if you hold the window switch harness, very lightly press up on it (against the box) the light comes on, and when it does, the mirror light goes off. when you lightly let up on it.... the mirror light comes on.... maybe its been rained on too many times? could this be what was causing issues?? and while i'm asking, the mirror bulb was the one with 0 continuity, but still lit slightly under 12V power. maybe it was causing problems?? i frankly, have no answers at this point... but i guess i'm in the market for new switches... just so see if maybe the board is bad in one of them...
Well you had to fix it some how, or like you said the drivers side switch panel had moisture in it and probably shorted out the board. Its really hard to say at this point, cause alot of things that aren't even associated with the interior lights are acting up. I could see where that switch panel being wet could cause that problem but I've left my door open during ran a few times and never experienced that. So help me to under stand, is everything but the rear turn signal working and I'm just talking about the factory circuit?