Thread: Won't turn over
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #20
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
just picked the alero up from the dealer. it's running fine. they don't know how. apparently none of the modules were communicating when they hooked the scan tool. they tested the voltage at the ALDL connector and it was way too high (8 volts when it's supposed to be 5). when they took the voltmeter off, everything started communicating again and the car went back to normal...

my car is haunted.

p.s. sorry for the double post.

sounds like BS to me. The DLC (Data Link Connector) has 4 wires going to it ... one 12v power wire, two grounds, and one serial data wire. Sometimes it also has a 5th green wire, but I've never seen one with a grey 5v reference wire for it.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote