View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
bigd6983

Along with the instructions from pfyc I think there are things that need to be added........

FRONT

First off i would recommend getting all the nuts and bolts matched up together, it makes it simpler than trying to figure it out while installing......i also would screw in the links onto the bar, one side is screwed in clockwise and the other counter-clockwise and i was confused for a second and couldnt get one of the links in and i couldnt understand why until i thought about it, when the bar is installed and you need to turn the bar to tighten it, you'd each side to be different for it to go with each other.........so yea, get all ur nuts and bolts worked out lol

i went 1/2 way into the bar on each link end and went from there, like it says on pfyc get one layed over and start the nuts, then start twisting the bar until you get the holes and bolts lined up, then tighten up and do the other side.....after this i tightened down the link to mounting plate nut and bolts........it worked for me

once u get it bolted down, rotate bar towards the rear of the car until snug, then tighten the jam nut against the bar, and wala ur done.....pretty easy huh.....well the rear isnt nearly as easy......

REAR

first off get ready for cuts and nicks and bruises on ur hands as space is confined.......

After a lil help from jab and his ideas i agree'd that you need some extra parts to get this done right (speaking that you ordered speed built struts)

you will need a few washers, id say about 6 for the mounting bolt, then if you could find some kind of oval shaped washer you will need four of those otherwise 4 washers a lil bit larger than the other 6 you need, also 4 nuts to fit over the 2 other strut mounts so you will hafta figured out what the thread before the trip down to home depot unless you have them lying around.....

all right, first get the nuts off for the strut bar mount.......take the 6 washers and put 3 on each side........i fount it easier to then put the strut bar mounts on without the bar attached.......once you get it on there start the nut, next grab ur larger or oval shaped washers and position them to sit over the strut mount bar and then use the nuts to hold it down.........because this piece is not machined right unless you do it like this the mount is going to sit at an angle and me and jabartram both agree it just doesnt look right and makes atleast me uncomfortable and i would like it so sit more perfectly horizontal......which is what those 3 washers do......

once you get it all mounted down and in place how you like it grab the bar and slip it in there, twisting the bar until you can get the nuts and bolts to hold it on, and then ur done.......

its going to take some time, so go slow and get it done right the first time, something you can be happy with, dont just get it in there when you know ur gonna end up messing with it again.........because u 1/2 a$$'d it........

i will post some pictures of jab's set up so you guys can get an idea of the rear, the front is straight forward and pfyc has enough pics for the front and not for the back.......

and as always, i dont know everything, so people who have installed these please comment, and others who have rsm racing strut bars let us know the differences with installation........

enjoy guys.....