View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 12:23 AM   #48
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbral View Post
Good to hear. Hopefully it gets put to good use for all of the customers still waiting for headers / parts.

In my case, unlike what was promised at time of purchase, MMS requests that i now sign a waiver so that MMS would not be held liable for any damages incurring from a fitment check of the headers as they were "sent to the coaters" before a fitment check was performed. The headers still have not arrived. Ordered Jan. 2018

Still no updates or pics from MMS of the TCE 68mm throttle body i ordered in Dec. 2017. The information that i get from TCE is that they no longer produce these due to lack of interest. Hopefully just miscommunication......

Well, (And this is the main reason for this thread.) please take a lesson from my stupidity and protect your money. I know that it is hard not to pull the trigger and buy things for an awesome hobby (esp. if your kid is interested too) but one way i could have prevented this situation is to have taken a breath, thought about it for a minute, and had a contract drawn up to keep the ball in my court. The terms could always be redrawn if problems should arise. (Wottech, btw is completely fine with this arrangement.) Custom parts take time and problems are expected...but 5 years of waiting? (And i hope that there are not any more "MMS satisfied customers" waiting longer than this, however i did notice a recent MMS BBB complaint from yet another "MMS Satisfied Customer" from my home state of South Carolina so maybe?) Actually, the best solution might be to build the parts yourself if you have the time and space....and tools. Could buy one heck of a TIG welder for what money i am still owed from MMS.

Hope it works out for all of us somehow

You are very patient. Thats some crazy wait times. The TCE are not easy to obtain. usually made in small batches at a time. I had one myself on my 3400. It took awhile to get as it wasnt readily available.

I am well out of the Alero scene, as I sold mine years ago, but when i did have it. I was in touch quite often with Milzy, at the time. He was a great guy, a little slow and not very well at keeping customers up to date/communicating. But on the days i would be impatient i would give him no choice and just show up to the shop. In most cases he was very helpful with me, and ?had my back? even spoke about sponsors at one point and trying prototype parts. But after awhile it just seemed he took on way more then he could chew, couldnt keep employees in the shop to help him etc which created the down fall of MMS. Its very sad because he had the right mind set. Built crazy 3100/3400/3500/3800 cars (his monte 3800 turbo is sick) but he had the right idea. Unfortunately this market is a dying breed, and only a few OG?s care to dump big money into these cars. And thats hard to run a business off of.

But i wish you the best of luck, but it seems like your parts may never come about. (praying thats not your case)
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote