View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #430
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
two things.

1. those bushings are supposed to work i believe since it says they are for next level or speedbuilt. not factory.

2. ya the cradle has to drop. but its just 3 bolts on each side. and then there are 3 bolts for a mount thats attached to the cradle. pull them too, drop it

heres how i did it basically. there wont be pictures since i already installed them

1. lift front of car off the ground, supper each side with jackstands in a secure spot and remove jack. obviously dont put the jack stands on the subframe.

2. remove tires (optional) just makes life easier.

3. put jack in the middle of the subframe. near the back of it. you'll see where.

4, there is a... 22mm? bolt that goes through the control arm, sub frame, and then into the car. pull them on each side

5. then after those there are 2 little.... 15mm? bolts, pull those.

6. slowly lower the jack so the subframe and the engine fall down

7. there is also 1 bolt and 2 nuts that hold down a tranny mount i believe. i pulled that so that it just moves a bit.

8. remove endlinks.

9. pull the swaybar brackets... 15mm? bolt i believe. easy to pull

10. remove swaybar

11. do reverse and tighten everything

any questions feel free to ask, ill try my best

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote