View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #20
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I did some rust repair on my alero a few years ago. I had to get around the fender wells in a few spots and the bottom of the rear doors inside and out (not THROUGH the door). I got several quotes and they were all 1k-6 or even 7 thousand. I got the drill sanding attachments, bunch of sand paper, primer, paint, clear coat and went to town. It was the first real body work I had done, just do some research and its really not that bad. my garage fix kept it all away for the year I still had the car, only a very small amount ever start to poke back through on a spot on the fender. of course it depends on the severity, you must get down to clean metal before you can start any repair, if its all the way through it will be a huge job with some mesh screen maybe, just a mess. if you can get down to clean metal and its not all the way through you might have to build it up again with some bondo. then just sand smooth, prime, light fine grit sand, paint, clearcoat.
other than your bottom picture (doesnt loot to hot there) mine looked pretty similar to that on top anyway, garage fix turned out alright.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote