View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
kbubb91
GX Member

kbubb91 is on a distinguished road
I purchased MMO(marvel mystery oil) for my car(2003 GL 2.2L) planning to add it to my oil. then i was lazy and just got my oil changed at a place and forgot it was in the trunk. so then i started using it in my gas tank, 32OZ, 4OZ a gas tank. right now there is 12OZ left in the MMO bottle and my car is running great.

what mmo(99% 2types paint thinner, 1%DMO) does is it lubricates from the fuel pump to the piston walls. also removes carbon deposits and when used in your gas, makes it more difficult for carbon to stick to begin with. also helps your lifters. i will use 4OZ in my gas tank every fill up. its only $7 and i get 8 gas tanks out of it. i want my motor running strong, i dont kitty foot my car. i hit that power band and take off.

ps, due to i was adding to the gas, i was nervous about effecting the octane so i used 89 octane. i can get 89octane for 10 cents a gallon more then 87. its like 80 cents extra a gas tank as i fill it up and put about 8 gallons in the car to top it off.

Pss, my alero has the special gaskets someone mentioned that are needed to handle it as it has "ethanol enhanced gas" in my owners manual.

Last edited by kbubb91 : 10-03-2014 at 09:47 PM.
kbubb91 is offline   Reply With Quote