View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #15
mrbreezeet1
GX Member

mrbreezeet1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Alerosil View Post
When I replaced mine a few month ago I found that it was already broken up pretty bad. So when i carefully installed my new switch i just glued it together with Gorilla glue gel and wrapped it in electrical tape. Worked just fine. I rarely use the hazards so i just needed it to stay in place for the turn signals to work. i will tell ya, if that switch ever goes bad in the time that I own this car, I'm just going to unplug the switch in the dash and plug in the new switch and let it sit behind the dash. Way too much of a pain in the ass for me and my very large hands lol. I even broke the dash vent, although you can't tell.
Yeah, I removed the broken piece, filed down the mating area, put the switch in place and used jb weld and when it got hard, took about 18 inches of black tape around the switch.
I think I can even replace it again if need be.
There is that plastic bracelet to the left of the switch, you can drill 2 holes in it, and zip tie the new switch in place, and still use it.. That's how mine is now.
Yeah when I broke mine, I got mad, and then busted it up too bad. It looked too ratty..... Lol
On the new vent, I took some angle out of the Clips (made them flatter ) so it will come out easier next time. I'm sure It will stay in there Ok.
mrbreezeet1 is offline   Reply With Quote