Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
JGra
GX Member

JGra is on a distinguished road
New Here

Hey everyone I got my 99' 2 door Alero about a year ago and had some big plans for it and found this site and never got around to actually fulfilling the plans. But about a month ago I was in an accident and I was forced to start working on it and I finally just got good job now that I get paid enough that I actually can pretty much do what I want with it.

So I was wondering as someone just starting what are the first things I should do?

I already got down clearing the headlights as the first thing to do. I've seen people say you should black the bezels ( what does that mean? I'm guessin it means darken the chrome area inside? )

Ive wanted to get a body kit and I've seen one I like quite a bit one of the AAS ones.

And like many aleros I've heard, my vinyl on my dash has peeled back ( wasnt to bad until the crash, then heat was able to get into the car for prolonged periods of time and now its peeled back even more ) originally i just had some 3m tape on it and it actually wasnt to noticable but since the crash it's peeled a great deal and doesnt look like it can be really smoothed out again so I'm probably going to goto a junk yard and get a replacement dash. I looked around but didnt find any how-to's on how to remove the dash, anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Also when I crashed I cracked the center console in the middle but I've been lookin at fiberglassforums and I might try my hand at making a custom one.

I've heard people talk about someone who makes and sells clear tails, who is it and how much does he charge?

Meh Im gonna try to do to much to fast and end up broke
JGra is offline   Reply With Quote