View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
Nice write up.. however how do you get the lower clip on? I broke the white linkage trying to get it back on, I hope Gorilla glue will work on it

Edit to add: So here's a few tips to make disassembly/reassembly MUCH easier.

Tip 1: Take out the pivot on the white linkage, it comes out pretty easy and allows for quite a bit of movement. Clean off the grease and or dirt on the right side of the white linkage and you'll see the the pivot (or axle or whatever you wanna call it) is just clipped in. The side of the console does have enough flex to allow this to slide out. Putting it back in can be a little tricky to line up, but is pretty easy still. Edit: here's pic of pivot

Tip 2: When reassembling, you can actually fit the bottom clip on the shift stalk before inserting it in the holder it will fit through the hole in the bottom, but it is really snug. This way is MUCH easier than trying to snap the clip back on with the stalk in place.

I really hope Gorilla Glue holds the white linkage together, it should the stuff is unbelievable.

edit 2: Well Gorilla Glue didn't hold..

edit 3: Thank the powers that be for zip-ties! Little bit of redneck ingenuity, and strong loathing of walking to work tomorrow, I've got it working for now! And, I now can do this job in about an hour or less! By the way, the stock shift knob will thread onto the shift stalk (I actually like the stock knob) Gonna have to hit the junkyards this week see if I can find a new part.

Last edited by Bahlzeron : 01-20-2016 at 01:35 AM. Reason: add a few tips, add picture
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote