View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #17
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
In all fairness sometimes honesty is brutal. At 82k miles with the vehicle in questionable shape whoever gave you an honest answer should be congratulated. They could have always just bilked you for whatever they could squeeze out of you.

One of the bad things about living in snow country is salt. Probably worst than living in a southern state to be honest. Not sure which one you are in or the car was in. Chances are if there's rust there there's rust elsewhere. Lift the carpet in the trunk and pull the back seat and look under the mat. You're talking about cutting sheet metal and tack welding another piece on then grinding, primer and paint.

Some people on here have oodles of money to spend on the vehicles they have. Average Joe's like me and it sounds like you don't. Hell I been saving the part I can spend out of two paychecks just to have a small part of my audio system done at a time. Don't go overboard if there's rust what's the condition of the engine, brakes, coolant system yadda yadda yadda. Prioritize my friend I think that's the best advice someone could give you.
Great advice if:
A) it wasnt a brand that is no longer made so every car saved is good being as they are part of the history of the company
B) assuming no attachment to the vehicle
C) assuming it is a unsafe death trap that barely runs

Considering it is the opposite of all those it is a candidate for repair...by your standards nobody should ever restore a car because it will rarely ever be worth the same...while with most cars this age we dont think this way, there should be an exception for ones that serve a major part of some sort of automotive history
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote