View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #73
00redse
GX Member

00redse is an unknown quantity at this point
This arrived this week.

This is the only way I've found that you can get new struts for the old Easystreet setup. You order pn 35335 for the rear. This is as far as they'll break down their "universal strut kit" I don't need the bag, just the strut to replace the one that's leaked since I bought it (used)

I've tried UAS "sleeves" over stock struts. They rubbed. Not bad, but they did. And they didn't sit as low as the Easystreet rears.

This new bag has an internal "bumpstop" that seems like it wouldn't allow you to go as low as the old easystreet kit. But I also think they sent me the wrong one. Kinda. I wanted the "short strut / short bag" but the one I got seems like it's a 5 inch rubber, not the 4 I talked with Air Lift about. No matter I guess, since my old bag is fine, just the strut inside. So the idea is to take the strut out of this one, and the strut out of my old one, and swap. Gotta grind welds off the old one and remove the outer tube, then slide it over the new one and weld. Might end up just making a new tube. Kinda hard to describe, but I'll take pics of the old one when I take it off again.

As for now. The car sits on the used easystreet rear struts. The one that leaks is still ok, but not for much longer. These sit super low, and ride decent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new strut.jpg (91.2 KB, 28 views)
00redse is offline   Reply With Quote