View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 10:13 PM   #12
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Feb 2 2005, 02:04 AM
Just think when you get the mold done you can sell it to the rest of us so we dont have to do so much work.
He has a point. There are alot of us either too lazy or too busy to do the dirty work. I agree that you are pretty far along to change. My suggestions are more for points to concider along the way or next time around. Fiberglass can be very expensive. The only thing I would suggest to look into would be my comment on volume. The last thing you want to do is spend the time and money on a inefficient box.
When you have finished the overall shape of the box, be certain that your walls are thick enough to prevent flexing. The best method I found was to spray the inside with two to three coats of fiberglass filler. The type used on boats works great and is cheaper. I also placed thin fins on the inside of the boxes to help prevent echoing. The reason square boxes are so popular is due to the lack of waves being bounced back to the coil as in a round enclosue. A dampening fabric or rubber coating will also help to reduce it.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote