View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #41
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK to answer all questions:

The paint job was done at my wife's work. I don't know what kind of paint system they used, but I do know that it's a Automotive trade school and it was done by a bunch of kid just outta high school. Don't get to excited, the teacher was extra strict about the work being done becuase he knew the car was going to a car show. I can't get anybody else paint or body work, not even my own mother. So please don't ask. The only moeny it cost me was for the paint, $250, and they only paint parts of a car, not the entire car. Even I'm going to have to go elsewhere for the Delta's paint job in a few years.

The exhaust was done by Meineke on Street Road in Southampton. The shop is next to the Walgreens on the corner of 2nd Street Pike and Street Road. If you go there, tell them you saw the work on the red Alero with the dual 44's and backwards "Y" pipe. The guy knows his shit. I would recommened them. They are a little expensive, but worth the money.

Calm down dude. Yes it's a dash cap. Really the only downfall to it is I now have a plastic dash. I bought it on eBay for $149.99. Shipping was free if you used "Buy It Now" I have yet to email the guy pics of the conpleted product. You get a tube of clear silcone with the cap. I probably could have used a bit more, but I only used less than 1/8 the tube. It's an easy install. The hardest parts are the steering wheel and if you have a "A" piller guage pod, you will have to remove it to put the pad in place. It does clear the pod on the pillar and the part of the dash the bottom gauge hangs over. It the heat, mine is swelling a bit (leather under the pad) but it's no big deal. You also need a day above 60* for more than 8 hours. Shouldn't be a problem now. His user name is "azbob*1" He ships fast

The 3400 engine cover I bought right from GM parts direct. I do suggest taking the part number to the dealer and buying it there. GMPD prices are cheap, but shipping is very high. Most times you'll pay just a little bit above the dealership price for your items. 24504184 is the cover and 24504832 is the oil extention. It's shipped gray with silver letters. I had a real hard time painting it. I wanted it to be black with red numbers, it's a long story invovling blue painters tape, brake cleaner, flat black plastic paint, and bubbling GM 81 touch up paint, took me over 6 weeks to get it right, and it's still not right

The V-6 emblem is off a 94 Pontaic Grand Am. They also use it on the Vue. Got it at the dealership years ago. It's been on the car since 2001

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote