View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
Since no drilling is needed, I highly doubt you would mess it up.. it took me maybe half hour total to do it (and I've never used a tap before).. and that included getting tools out, as well as putting them away and cleaning up. The bar is hollow aluminum, so no drilling needed, the tap I linked will self center in the hole with ease (I didnt even use a tap handle, I used a universal fits-all.. a.k.a. crescent wrench). Cut the threaded rod down to about 4-4.5 inches in length, thread into one side of bar 1-1.25 inch, add 2 inches of spacer (or coupling nut I linked which is like 2 1/8) then thread on the other side of the bar, and done.

Or, since I already have the stuff.. buy the STB, ship it to me I'll do the work, just pay me $15+ return shipping (will probably be cheaper to ship just the bar without the mounts)
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote