View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 09:02 AM   #9
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
i kept the stock pipe which is 2", replaced the resonator with a 31" glass pack which has no obstruction to flow, its a perforated core. and a muffler with a strait through magnaflow, single in dual out.

i have very little back pressure because i barely have mufflers. so this helps my top end, the car pulls ALOT BETTER at higher rpms speed. i was used to a dohc aurora, and thought the 3400 was slow up top, now it feels pretty quick.

I kept my exhaust velocity up by staying with a 2" pipe, this helped me to keep all, and gain some torque, its much easier to spin the tires, and sometimes it fights for traction through most of 1st gear if the roads not 100% perfect, wasn't like that before the intake/exhaust. i even have stiffer, lower suspension helping me get better launches (less weight gets transfered to the back)

If i wanted to further reduce backpressure, i could get a highflow cat. ive seen flow charts showing they do flow better, but by going this way instead of increasing pipe diameter to reduce back pressure, i keep my exaust velocity, which brings low-end torque

since my car will only see light mods, intake/exhaust/pcm and maybe a pully, this is the ideal setup for exhaust. but if i was to go with a ported TB, intake manifolds headers, id want a mandrel bent 2.25. then add a bunch more on top of that, mandrel 2.5