View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #13
k6ng6r00
GX Member

k6ng6r00 is on a distinguished road
Can i use this for the oil feed & return??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomestikDemon View Post
Is that the right name for those things? Well anyway, here's a pic of a 3400 engine, just for reference.

See how the oil filter (blue thing) comes down at an angle? It's probably a major complaint for anyone who has ever done an oil change on a 3400 and doesn't know to punch a hole in the filter and let the oil run out. Regardless of that trick, IMO all oilfilters should be vertical, like the 3100:

I'll try to get a pic of mine later today, but the 3100 has this adapter thing that threads onto the block in the same location as the 3400's oil filter, but it is like a 45 degree adapter, facing the oil filter straight up and down.

Also, this adapter has two holes in it, both of which are blocked off by 3/8 drive set screws. Basically, it's a spot to hook up oil (cooler?) lines for turbo applications. Theres no need for any modification either, it's a GM part.

This has simply been for informative purposes. I've known about this since I was searching for 5-spd tranny's in junkyards, but never thought to share until just now, so for that I'm sorry everyone. But there, if you're going turbo, this is a very good alternative to drilling holes. Also if you want the convenience of a vertical filter, from what I can tell, it shouldn't interfere with the AC compressor. Like I said, FYI.

Last edited by k6ng6r00 : 04-29-2012 at 10:54 AM.
k6ng6r00 is offline   Reply With Quote