View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #1
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
oil level sensor

Hey,
I'm having intermittent issues with my oil level sensor. It comes on occasionally on start up. So when I was underneath it last night, changing my oil, I used my Fluke meter and did a little circuit testing. My sensor has 3 ohms sitting on ramps with a full pan of oil. I figured that was ok. After I cleaned all the oil off the connector and the wiring for the oil level sensor with some cleaner. I got a reading of 3.964 Kilo-Ohms. Now in my mind that is way too high. I looked at a schematic for it on some repair software I have. I saw that the brown wire runs to the PCM and the black/white wire runs to a ground at the front of the starter. So my question is has anyone ran into a issue with the wiring for that sensor? I haven't checked the ground yet but it should be ok as I replaced the starter last year and cleaned every wire that was around it. I pulled on the wires a little in different places checked for a broken or almost broken wire and couldn't find anything. I checked until it goes into the main harness.

Thanks

oh and it's a 2003 with a 3.4. 181,000 on it.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote